Mini Ritz Cracker Moon Pies Recipe
For a sweet treat, try these mini moon pies, which can easily be made with Ritz Crackers.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 24 Ritz Crackers
- 0.5 cup unsalted butter, softened
- In a medium bowl at medium speed, mix filling ingredients until light and fluffy. Transfer to pastry bag.
- Line cookie sheet with foil. Arrange twelve Ritz crackers on cookie sheet and pipe about 1-inch of filling on top of each cracker. Top with additional twelve crackers and refrigerate until firm, 1-2 hours.
- 12 Ounce chocolate glaze
- 0.25 cup vegetable oil
- Melt the chocolate and shortening in the microwave at 50 percent power for 1 minute. Stir. Continue melting at 30 second intervals at 50 percent power until all melted. Dip the top and sides of each moon pie in the melted chocolate. Shake off excess chocolate and place on a wire rack (with a baking sheet underneath to catch any drips).
- Once all the moon pies are dipped, place the rack in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, or until chocolate is set.
Image Credit: Patricia Stagich