Mini Reuben Toasts
These little toasts are made with toasted party rye bread and topped with Thousand Island Dressing, sauerkraut, corn beef and lacy Swiss cheese. Simple to make and a total crowd pleaser.
- 24 slices party rye bread
- 0.5 cup thousand island dressing
- 15 Ounce sauerkraut, drained
- 0.5 Pound corned beef, sliced thin
- 0.25 Pound lacy Swiss cheese
- Preheat broiler to high. Place party rye bread on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil for about 1 minute or until toasted. Flip bread and toast the second side.
- Spread each piece of toast with 1 teaspoon of Thousand Island Dressing.
- Top each toast with 1 tablespoon of sauerkraut, 1 slice of corned beef and a small slice of Swiss cheese.
- Place baking sheet back under the broiler and broil until cheese is bubbly and golden. Serve toasts hot.
Be sure to toast both sides of the bread. This sounds like a trivial step, but it’s important in how the bread holds up to all of the toppings.
Drain your sauerkraut as much as possible! Really get rid of as much moisture as you can to ensure that the little toasts don’t get soggy.
Use a great quality Swiss cheese. I like a lacy Swiss for this, with it’s tiny little holes it gives you a nice even layer of cheese over the top of each toast.
For the full post, visit Jelly Toast.