Mini Fish Tacos with Ginger Scented Tomato Salsa
This recipe puts a fun spin on tacos and can easily be converted to a larger recipe to serve as appetizers. A unique ginger-flavored salsa adds an extra edge to the flavors, while all of the usual garnishes are still in attendance.
- 2 6-ounce seabass fillet
- diced red onion, for garnish
- 6 mini taco shell
- 0.5 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 0.5 jalapeño, seeds removed, minced, plus extra for garnish
- 2 Tbsp diced onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 0.25 Tbsp freshly minced ginger
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- lime wedge, for garnish
- Heat outdoor grill or nonstick grill pan to medium-high heat. Season the fillets with salt and pepper and grill until cooked through, about 8 minutes a side. Remove from the grill and let rest.
- Combine the ginger, cilantro, onion, jalapeño, ½ teaspoon salt, red wine vinegar, tomatoes, and sugar in a bowl and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Chop up, or flake the grilled seabass and distribute 2-ounce portions into each of the mini taco shells. Add a tablespoon of the salsa on top and garnish with the extra jalapeño, cilantro, red onion, and lime wedges.
Recipe Courtesy of The Daily Meal
Image Credit: Andrea Correale