Mini Egg, Rice And Spinach Frittata Muffins
Sweet muffins are perfect for breakfast, lunch and snacks, but there is something to be said for a savory muffin, a muffin that fills the absence of a sandwich from A to Z. The key to the flavor in the mini egg frittata muffins is the addition of the chicken flavored rice.
- 6 eggs
- 0.25 tsp cracked black pepper
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- pinch of paprika
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 Ounce frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 bag of 90 second rice pouch ( I prefer the chicken flavor)
- 0.75 cup milk
- 0.5 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and adjust rack to the middle of the oven. Lightly oil or spray a mini muffin pan.
- In a medium size sauté pan, sauté the butter and garlic over medium to high heat. Add in the drained spinach. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and sauté for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients, 1/4 cup of the cheese (reserving the rest) and mix in the spinach and rice. Whisk to combine. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tins. Fill each one to the top and then sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- To store: Invert the muffins to a baking sheet and arrange them to were they are not touching. Freeze for 10 minutes. Place in Ziplock bags and closing tightly and store in freezer.
- To reheat- simply place them on a plate and cover with paper towel. Microwave in 10 second intervals until heated through. Or you can heat them in the oven at 300 for 10 minutes.
Read more from Belleicious Kids.