Mini Blueberry Pies
Serving Size: 6
- 0.25 tsp ground ginger
- 2 pinches of salt
- 4 Ounce sugar
- 4.5 tsp quick-cooking tapioca
- 12 Ounce wild blueberry (frozen ok)
- 12 Ounce your favorite pie dough
Oat Crisp Topping
- 0.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.5 cup rolled oat
- 3 Ounce butter, cubed and frozen
- 0.25 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 cup sugar
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the regular blade, combine the flour, sugar, and cinnamon and pulse until mixed. Add frozen butter and pulse until mixture is cornmeal texture. Transfer everything to a bowl and toss in rolled oats. Keep refrigerated until ready for use.
- Line 6 mini pie shells with pie dough and crimp edges. Freeze while assembling the filling.
- Combine all ingredients and divide evenly between 6 mini pie shells. Dot each with butter.
- Cover each pie with 1 oz of Oat Crisp Topping, place on baking sheet, and bake at 425 convection for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 350 still and bake for another 15 minutes or until topping is dark golden and crispy and berry juice begins to bubble out.
- Remove pies from oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing from tins.
Recipe Courtesy of Ann Kirk, Pastry Chef at L.A.'s Deli at Little Dom’s.