I garnished the soup with parmesan cheese, olive oil and fresh made pesto using almonds and basil. This is the perfect rainy afternoon meal with a hunk of crusty bread and cheese!
- 1 cup borlotti or cranberry beans (i found some beauties at the farmers market) Cook these separately and reserve liquid.
- bunch of kale, chopped
- olive oil
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 sea salt
- 1 rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 cup carrots peeled, finely chopped
- 1 Can large onion, finely chopped
- butternut squash
1. Heat a soup pot with 1/4 cup olive oil. Add the onion, celery, carrots and cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
2. Then add garlic, rosemary, bay leaf and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Then add 3 cups of water and bring to boil. Add kale and tomatoes. Cook for 15 minutes then add squash.
4. Cook for another 15 minutes or until tender then add the beans with one cup of the liquid.