Milk-Chocolate Pots de Crème
- Ounce milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 Ounce bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 5 large egg yolks
- crème fraîche and chocolate shavings, for garnish
1. In a large heatproof bowl, combine the milk and bittersweet chocolates.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring the milk, heavy cream and sugar to a boil, whisking constantly until the sugar is dissolved. In a medium heatproof bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Gradually whisk in half of the hot cream. Whisk the egg-and-cream mixture into the saucepan and cook over moderate heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the custard coats the back of the spoon, about 4 minutes. Pour the custard over the chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes, then stir until smooth.
3. Transfer the mixture to a blender and puree until very smooth, about 1 minute. Pour the mixture into eight 4-ounce ramekins and refrigerate until chilled, 2 hours.
4. Let the pots de crème stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Garnish with crème fraîche and chocolate shavings; serve.