Mexican Shrimp-and-Avocado Salad with Tortilla Chips
- 1 Pound shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 0.5 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 Ounce tortilla chips
- 1 hass avocado, diced
- 0.5 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 small seedless cucumber, diced
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 romaine hearts, coarsely shredded
- freshly ground pepper
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Fill a bowl with ice water. Blanch the shrimp just until white throughout, 3 minutes. Drain and chill the shrimp in the ice water, then drain again and pat dry. Transfer the shrimp to a large bowl. Add the romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, cilantro, avocado and tortilla chips.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream with the mayonnaise, lime juice and lime zest and season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to coat. Serve right away.