Mexican Beef & Bean Stew
- 1.5 Pound beef for stew, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 0.25 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Can (about 16 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 Can (about 15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Beef Consommé
- 1 Can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Beef Consommé
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic
Coat the beef with the flour. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef in 2 batches and cook until well browned, stirring often.
Stir the beef, consommé, salsa, onion, beans, corn, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours* or until the beef is fork-tender.
*Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.