Mexican Beans And Rice
Serving Size: 5
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium green pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 cup Swanson® Mexican Tortilla Flavor Infused Broth
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- Heat the oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the rice, onion and pepper and cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the broth and tomato paste and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender. Stir in the beans and cilantro, if desired, and cook until the mixture is hot.