Melt-in-Your-Mouth Meat Loaf Recipe
"When my husband and I were first married, he refused to eat meat loaf because he said it was bland and dry," recalls Suzanne Codner of Starbuck, Minnesota. "Then I prepared this version, and it became his favorite meal."
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 0.25 cup ketchup
- 1.5 Pound ground beef
- 0.5 tsp rubbed sage
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried minced onions
- 0.67 cup seasoned bread crumb
- 0.75 cup milk
- 0.5 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well (mixture will be moist). Shape into a round loaf; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over the meat loaf. Cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing
Yield: 6 servings.
For more great Ground Beef Recipes visit www.Tasteofhome.com.