Mediterranean Burgers with Yogurt Lemon Sauce
Slices of toast seasoned with classic Moroccan spices (cumin, coriander and cinnamon) lend an exotic flavor to these Mediterranean burgers topped with an easy, lemon-yogurt sauce.
- 4 Morningstar Farms® Mediterranean Chickpea Burger
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 1 cup baby greens or torn mixed spring greens
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices challah bread or broiche bread
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 0.125 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.125 tsp ground coriander
- 0.125 tsp ground cumin
- dash salt
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 0.5 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Mediterranean Chickpea Burgers according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together yogurt, lemon juice, lemon peel and salt. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In another small bowl stir together cumin, coriander and cinnamon. Brush oil on one side of each bread slice. Sprinkle with spice mixture. Arrange bread slices, spice side up, in single layer on baking sheet. Broil 4- to 5-inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until toasted.
- To serve, place one bread slice on each serving plate. Top with greens, burgers, tomato slices and yogurt mixture. Sprinkle with pepper, if desired. Serve immediately