Mashed Avocado and Chickpea Sandwich
Serving Size: 4
This sandwich actually reminds me a lot of a chicken salad or egg salad sandwich, but without the chicken or the egg. It has the same general idea and texture though.
- 8 slices light whole wheat bread (used one that's 80 cal. in two slices.)
- 1 (14.5 Oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 spreadable cheese wedges
- 1 chive, sliced
- 0.25 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 whole avocado, pitted
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Beat the chickpeas, spreadable cheese, green onion and cilantro together in a medium bowl until the garbanzo beans are fairly smashed.
- In a small separate bowl, mash together the avocado and lime juice.
- Divide the mixtures evenly among the sandwiches and spread the chickpeas over one slice of bread and the avocado over the other.
- Top one side of each of the sandwiches with about 1/4 c. of the baby spinach leaves.
- Put the sandwich together and slice accordingly to enjoy!
For the full post, visit The Skinny Fork.