Maple Sage Apple and Cheddar Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Kiersten says this grilled cheese sandwich is "easy enough to throw together for a quick meal, but it's also tasty enough to serve to guests," making it perfect for a game day grilled cheese party.
- 1 Tbsp butter, plus more to spread on bread
- 2 small apples, thinly sliced (I like Honeycrisp or Braeburn)
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp dried sage
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 8 slices Cobblestone Knead for Seed Wheat Bread
- 4 Ounce shredded sharp or smoked cheddar cheese
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the apples and cook, stirring often, for 5-7 minutes, or until the apples are golden and just beginning to brown on the edges. Drizzle the maple syrup over the apples and continue to cook 2-3 minutes more, continuing to stir, until the syrup has formed a light glaze on the apple slices. Stir in the sage, season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat.
- Butter a slice of bread and place it buttered-side-down on a large preheated griddle on medium heat. Put 1/8 of the cheese on top, then layer with 1/4 of the apples, and another 1/8 of the shredded cheese. Place another slice of bread over the filling and butter the top. Repeat to make 4 sandwiches. Cook the sandwiches for 3-5 minutes on each side (the length of time will depend on whether you're using an electric griddle or stovetop, so keep an eye on them!), then transfer to a cutting board, cut in half and serve.
For the full post, visit Oh My Veggies.
Compensation for this post was provided by Cobblestone Bread Co. via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Cobblestone Bread Co. or AOL.