Maple Pumpkin Muffins
These maple pumpkin muffins are perfect for breakfast, for a snack or an after-dinner treat.
- 0.25 cup butter, softened
- 0.5 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup cinnamon chips (or nuts or raisins or toffee bits)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp allspice
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2.5 cup flour
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 1.25 cup milk
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 cup pure maple syrup
- Brown sugar for topping
Recipe adapted from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Cream the maple syrup and butter. Add eggs and blend. Add the pumpkin puree. Combine dry ingredients, and add alternately to the pumpkin puree with milk. Stir in cinnamon chips or toffee bits and nuts. Spoon batter into cupcake liners. Top each muffin with a generous helping of brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes and eat warm with butter. Don’t forget to get autographs from the stars of the show.
For the full, post visit The Usual Bliss.