Maple-Dijon Salmon Skewers
Serving Size: 8
These delectable skewers showcase the exceptional fish.
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 3 Tbsp grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 2.25 Pound skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 16 six-inch metal skewers, or wooden skewers soaked in water for 1 hour
- In a small bowl, whisk the maple syrup with the lemon juice, both mustards and 1 tablespoon of the grapeseed oil.
- Thread the salmon onto skewers and season all over with salt and pepper. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil until shimmering. Add half of the skewers and cook over moderate heat until browned on the bottom, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the skewers and cook, basting with the mustard glaze and turning occasionally, until glazed and nearly cooked through, about 5 minutes total. Repeat with the remaining oil and skewers. Transfer to a platter and serve right away.
Recipe Credit: Ali Banks
Image Credit: Con Poulos