Make-Ahead Unstuffed Shells
- 4 cup medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 1 Pound extra-lean ground beef
- 24 Ounce marinara sauce
- Ounce PHILADELPHIA original cooking creme
- 0.33 cup chopped basil
- 0.25 cup KRAFT grated parmesan cheese
- 1.5 cup KRAFT shredded mozzarella cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA
- COOK pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Meanwhile, brown meat in large skillet; drain. Stir in marinara sauce; simmer on medium heat 2 min. Remove from heat.
- DRAIN pasta. Mix cooking creme, basil and Parmesan in large bowl; stir in pasta. Spread half the meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover with layers of pasta mixture and remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella; cover with foil. Refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Bake casserole, covered, 40 to 45 min. or until heated through, uncovering after 30 min.
Kraft Kitchens tips:
Cook 1 each small chopped onion and green pepper along with the meat.
Casserole can be baked immediately after assembling. Just reduce the baking time to 30 min., uncovering after 20 min.
Garnish with additional 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil just before serving.