Make-Ahead Spinach Phyllo Roll-Ups
- 1 egg, beaten
- Ounce frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 cup ATHENOS traditional crumbled feta cheese
- 8 Ounce PHILADELPHIA garden vegetable 1/3 less fat than cream cheese
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 15 sheets frozen phyllo dough (14x9 inch), thawed
- 0.33 cup butter, melted
- MIX first 5 ingredients until well blended. Brush 1 phyllo sheet lightly with butter; top with 2 more phyllo sheets, lightly brushing each layer with some of the remaining butter. Place remaining phyllo between sheets of plastic wrap; set aside.
- SPREAD 1/5 of the spinach mixture along one short side of phyllo stack. Fold in long sides of phyllo; roll up from one short side to make log. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and spinach mixture. Brush with remaining butter. Make small cuts in tops of logs at 1-inch intervals. Place in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bags or wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- FREEZE up to 3 months. When ready to bake, remove desired number of logs from freezer. Refrigerate, tightly wrapped, several hours or overnight until thawed. Unwrap, then place on baking sheet. Bake in 375°F oven for 25 min. or until golden brown. Cool 5 min. Transfer to cutting board. Use serrated knife to cut each log into 6 slices.
Kraft Kitchens tips:
Leftover phyllo sheets can be wrapped tightly and refrozen.
HOW TO PREPARE WITH 18X14-INCH PHYLLO SHEETS
Use a total of 9 phyllo sheets, spreading 1/3 of the filling on each stack of 3 sheets and rolling up each stack to make a total of 3 logs. Freeze and bake as directed. Cut each log into 10 slices to serve.
Omit butter. Spray phyllo sheets with cooking spay instead of brushing with the melted butter.