Made-Over Chicken Tetrazzini
Named for an opera star, Chicken Tetrazzini hits a high note with its cheesy, savory sauce. Our version is a better-for-you choice with all the flavor of the original.
- 0.5 Pound spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 Pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 Ounce (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- 0.25 cup flour
- 1 Can (14 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 0.5 cup KRAFT 2% milk shredded mozzarella cheese
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COOK spaghetti in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt. Meanwhile, cook chicken and vegetables in large nonstick skillet 5 min. or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- BRING Neufchatel, flour and broth to boil in same skillet, whisking constantly; simmer on medium-low heat 5 min., stirring frequently.
- DRAIN spaghetti; return to saucepan. Add Neufchatel sauce, chicken mixture and 2 Tbsp. Parmesan; mix well. Spoon into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; cover.
- BAKE 25 min. Top with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan; bake, uncovered, 2 min. or until mozzarella is melted.
Kraft Kitchen tips:
MAKEOVER SAVINGS Save 7g of fat per serving when compared to a traditional tetrazzini by preparing this delicious version with boneless skinless chicken breasts, KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese and fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth. And as a bonus, these changes will result in a savings of 30 calories per serving.
VARIATION Substitute 1-1/2 cups chopped leftover cooked turkey for the chicken, adding it to the cooked spaghetti along with the vegetables.
COOKING KNOW-HOW If you break the spaghetti in half before cooking it makes serving the dish easier.