Macanese Fried Rice
- 0.25 tsp sugar
- 4 Ounce chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 0.5 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 cup cooked long-grain white rice, chilled
- 2 large egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 Tbsp Asian fish sauce
- 0.33 cup pitted green olives
In a small bowl, combine the sugar, Asian fish sauce, and lime juice and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 3 minutes, or until the onion starts to turn translucent. Pour in the eggs and scramble until they are just set, and then immediately toss in the rice and stir until well mixed. Decrease the heat to medium and add the bell pepper, corn, chorizo sausage, olives, and the sugar mixture, and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Remove the wok from the heat and let rest for 4 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Feeding the Dragon: A Culinary Travelogue Through China with Recipes by Mary Kate Tate and Nate Tate/Andrews McMeel Publishing, 2011.