Linguine with Easy Red Clam Sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1.5 cup Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce or Prego® Marinara Italian Sauce
- 0.25 cup Chablis or other dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Can (6 1/2 ounces each) minced clam, undrained
- 0.5 package (8 ounces) linguine, cooked and drained (about 4 cups)
- grated parmesan cheese
Heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until it's tender, stirring often.
Stir the sauce, wine, parsley and clams and juice in the saucepan. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve the clam sauce over the linguine. Top with the cheese, if desired.
Tip: Angel hair or fettuccine can be substituted for the linguine in this recipe.