Lightened Hummingbird Bundt Cake
Traditionally, hummingbird cake is a banana pineapple cake with cream cheese frosting and garnished with pecans. This version is a little more dense like a bundt cakes normally are and tastes a lot like a really good banana bread. The cream cheese glaze gives it a touch of added sweetness but not heavy like cream cheese frosting.
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 0.75 cup apple sauce, cinnamon flavor
- 8 Ounce crushed pineapple (do not drain off the juice)
- 1.75 cup bananas, mashed (about 4 large bananas)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cup Organic White Sugar In the Raw
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare bundt pan with non stick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, add in the flour, Organic White Sugar In the Raw, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine. Add in the eggs, mashed bananas, pineapple, apple sauce and vanilla. Stir until just moistened and there are no more dry spots. DO NOT over mix, cake will become tough. Spoon mixture into bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cake is done when a long wooden skewer inserted into thickest part of cake comes out clean. Let cool on wired rack in bundt pan for 10 minutes. Carefully, remove cake from pan and let cool completely on wired rack.
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 Ounce cream cheese, reduced fat, softened
- 2 Tbsp milk
- While the cake is cooling, make the glaze by creaming the cream cheese in a bowl. Add in the powdered sugar a little bit at a time until fully mixed in. Add in the milk and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Spoon over cooled bundt cake and garnish with toasted pecans. Serve and enjoy!
For the full post, visit This Silly Girl's Life.
Compensation for this post was provided by In the Raw ® via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of In the Raw ® or AOL.