Lentil Rice Salad
- 1.75 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural GoodnessTM or Certified Organic)
- 0.5 cup fat-free Italian vinaigrette
- 0.5 cup diced green or red pepper
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- generous dash ground red pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 0.33 cup dried lentil
- 0.5 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- lettuce leaves
Heat the broth to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the rice and lentils. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until done. Let stand for 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
Toss the lentil mixture, parsley, ground red pepper, celery, onion, green pepper and vinaigrette in large bowl until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Serve on the lettuce.