Lemony Waldorf Salad
Serving Size: 6
- 0.5 cup walnut halves, 2 ounce
- 0.25 cup golden raisin
- 1 small head of frisée, 6 ounce coarsely chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery hearts (from 4 inner ribs) plus 1/4 cup chopped celery leave
- 2 cup shredded romaine lettuce, 4 ounce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp walnut oil
- 0.25 cup plus 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 0.5 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp minced shallot
- 1 Fuji apple-peeled, quartered cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the walnuts in a pie plate and toast for about 8 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Let the nuts cool, then break into pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the shallot and lemon zest with the lemon juice and vinegar. Whisk in the canola and walnut oils and the cumin. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Add the shredded romaine lettuce to the bowl along with the toasted walnuts, radishes, sliced celery hearts, celery leaves, chopped frisée, raisins and apple. Toss well and serve right away.
Recipe Credit: Mark Peel
Image Credit: Quentin Bacon
For other terrific salads, try our recipes for Chopped Salad, Mexican Shrimp-and-Avocado Salad with Tortilla Chips or Bruschetta Salad.