Lemony Quinoa Salad with Shaved Vegetables
- 8 large red radishes or 1 large watermelon radish
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- finely grated zest of 2 lemon
- 2.5 cup water
- 1 cup quinoa, preferably red rinsed
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cored
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 small black radish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Using a mandoline, thinly slice the radishes, carrot and fennel bulb. Transfer to a large bowl of ice water and refrigerate for about 1 hour, until crisp.
2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the quinoa and water to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, 20 minutes. Let cool.
3. Drain and dry the vegetables. In a bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice with the oil. Add the quinoa and toss; season with salt and pepper. Serve the quinoa in bowls, topped with the vegetables.