Lemony Chicken Stir-Fry
Bright and lemony, this superfast chicken stir-fry makes an excellent weeknight dinner.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- finely ground pepper
- kosher salt
- 0.25 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce, plus more for seasoning
- 2 Pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts or trimmed thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 0.5 onion, finely chopped
- steamed rice, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned all over, 3 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil, season with salt and pepper and stir-fry until the chicken is cooked through, 3 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper and soy sauce. Transfer the chicken to a platter, top with the sliced scallion and serve with rice.
Recipe Credit: Todd Porter and Diane Cu
Image Credit: Christina Holmes