Lemon Turkey with Bacon
- 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 turkey breast cutlets or fresh turkey breast slices
- 1 Can medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 Can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 0.5 cup milk
- 1 slice bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup regular long-grain white rice, cooked according to package directions (about 3 cups)
Cut 4 thin slices of lemon. Squeeze 2 teaspoons of juice from the remaining lemon and set aside.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook for 3 minutes or until the turkey is lightly browned on both sides. Remove the turkey from the skillet.
Stir the onion in the skillet and cook until it's tender.
Stir the soup, milk and reserved lemon juice into the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the turkey to the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Top the turkey with the lemon slices. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the turkey is cooked through. Sprinkle with the bacon and serve with the rice.
Easy Substitution: You may also use bacon bits in place of the bacon in this recipe.