Lemon-Blueberry Crumb Bars
To everything there is a season. For creamy bars with fresh blueberries and lemon zest, we're talking summer. But we won't tell if you bake them out of season.
- 0.5 cup butter
- 1 package (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs, divided
- 2 package (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2.5 cup fresh blueberries
- fresh lemon juice
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- LINE 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Microwave butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 min. or until melted. Add cake mix and 1 egg; beat with mixer until well blended. Press 2/3 of the mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- BEAT cream cheese and sugar with mixer until well blended. Add remaining egg, zest and juice; mix well. Pour over crust; top with berries. Pinch small pieces of the remaining cake mix mixture between your fingers; press lightly into cream cheese layer.
- BAKE 55 min. to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Use foil handles to lift dessert from pan before cutting into bars. Keep refrigerated.
Kraft Kitchen tips:
SUBSTITUTE Prepare using PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese.
NOTE For best results, refrigerate the cooled dessert before cutting into bars.
HOW TO SOFTEN CREAM CHEESE Place completely unwrapped package of cream cheese in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 10 sec. or just until softened. Add 15 sec. for each additional package of cream cheese.