The Leland Palmer
Inspiration for the creation of a new cocktail comes from unexpected places. Take the Leland Palmer by Damon Boelte, bar manager at Prime Meats in Brooklyn, for example. "I was in Los Angeles visiting my girlfriend, enjoying my favorite hangover drink, the Arnold Palmer, and watching an episode of Twin Peaks, where Leland Palmer almost whacks Agent Cooper with a golf club. Sometimes things just make sense," says Boelte. For his adult version of the popular drink that's half lemonade and half iced tea, Boelte combines gin, jasmine tea, limoncello, lemon juice, and grapefruit juice in a pitcher. It's summer's essential back-porch sipper, and, Boelte adds, "It's definitely much better than a golf club to the head."
- 0.5 cup honey
- ice cubes
- 1 cup chilled club soda
- 0.5 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 0.75 cup fresh lemon juice
- 0.75 cup limoncello (a lemon-flavored liqueur, can be found at many supermarkets, at Trader Joe's markets, and at liquor stores)
- 0.75 cup gin
- 3 cup freshly brewed jasmine tea, cooled
- 0.5 cup hot water
- 6 lemon slices (for garnish)
- Stir honey and 1/2 cup hot water in small bowl until honey dissolves. Cool completely.
- Combine honey water, jasmine tea, gin, limoncello, lemon juice, and grapefruit juice in large pitcher. Add club soda and stir to blend.
- Fill six 1-pint mason jars or 6 tall glasses with ice cubes. Divide tea mixture among jars; top each with lemon slice.
Text courtesy of: Andrew Knowlton and Damon Boelte
Image Credit: Nigel Cox