Layered Chicken Salad with Coriander-Yogurt Dressing
- 0.25 cup plus 2 tablespoons plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 4 Pound rotisserie chicken, meat shredded (4 cups)
- 2 Hass avocados, diced
- 1 Pound mixed tomatoes, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 4 roasted red bell peppers from a jar, drained and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- freshly ground pepper
- kosher salt
- 0.25 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 Tbsp chopped dill
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, tarragon and dill
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, dill, coriander and 3 tablespoons of water; whisk until smooth. Whisk in the oil in a steady stream. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Layer the remaining ingredients in 4 jars. Serve the salads with the yogurt dressing.
The salads can be refrigerated for 4 hours before serving; drizzle the avocado with lemon juice to prevent browning. The dressing can be refrigerated for 2 days.
Image Credit: John Kernick
Recipe courtesy of: Kay Chun