Lamb Chops with Frizzled Herbs
- 0.5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 0.25 cup red wine vinegar
- 8 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 0.25 cup plus 2 tablespoon rosemary leaves
- 24 frenched lamb chops, about 5 1/2 pound
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 16 sage leaves
- 0.25 cup flat-leaf parsley
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1. In a large glass baking dish, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, garlic and 2 tablespoons of the rosemary. Add the chops to the marinade and turn to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat 1/2 inch of vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of rosemary leaves to the hot oil and fry for 15 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the rosemary to paper towels to drain. Fry the sage leaves until the bubbles in the oil subside, about 45 seconds; transfer to the paper towels. Add the parsley leaves to the hot oil and cover the pan immediately to avoid splattering; fry for 15 seconds, then add to the other herbs. Season the herbs with salt.
3. Heat a grill pan. Scrape the marinade off the lamb chops and season the chops with salt and pepper. Working in batches, grill the chops over moderately high heat, turning once, just until pink in the center, about 6 minutes total. Transfer the lamb chops to plates, sprinkle with the frizzled herbs and serve.