Kingside Roast Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard salt
- 0.5 lemon (cut in 1/2)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 0.25 baguette cut in half
- 2 carrots (peeled, cut 1 ½ inches long and on a bias)
- 1 onion (cut into 8 pieces)
- 2 stalks celery
- 6 yukon gold potatoes (and cut in ½)
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Take whole chicken; clean out cavity, rinse and pat dry. Salt and pepper inside the cavity. Add thyme, rosemary, garlic, onion and lemon. Once herbs are inside cavity, truss the chicken to secure it.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and lather with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then place in oven for about 15 minutes.
- When the chicken begins roasting, cut the potatoes, onions, and carrots. After 15 minutes take the chicken out and add vegetables to the pan. Roast for another 45 minutes until chicken is done. Remove chicken and let rest on a carving board for about 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, remove vegetables from the pan and drain most of the chicken fat. Combine dijon mustard to vegetables and place into serving dish. Carve chicken; place on top of halved baguette and serve.