Kale Salad with Walnuts and Soft-Boiled Eggs
Eggs add protein and walnuts add crunch to this hearty salad.
- 1 bunch regular kale or 2 bunches Tuscan kale, center ribs removed, leaves thinly sliced
- 1 cup toasted walnut
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 0.33 cup extra-virgin olive plus more for drizzling
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained
- 0.25 tsp crushed red pepper
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino
- 4 soft-, medium-, or hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
Combine kale and cheese in a large bowl; set aside. In a mortar or a small food processor, combine cumin, crushed red pepper flakes, anchovy fillets, and garlic. Pulverize with a pestle or process. Whisk in lemon juice and 1/3 cup oil; season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over kale mixture and toss to combine. Season salad with salt and pepper. Divide salad among plates and garnish with walnuts. Drizzle with more oil. Season with more pepper. Arrange eggs around rim of plates.
Recipe Credit: The Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Image Credit: Ashley Rodriguez