Kale Salad with Apples, Almonds and Pecorino Romano
Serving Size: 2
- 1 bunch of kale (like latticino or dinsosaur kale), cut into slivers or roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- sherry or red wine vinegar
- 0.5 tsp minced shallots
- 0.5 tsp Dijon mustard
- 0.25 cup pecorino romano cheese, finely grated
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp toasted almonds, chopped
- 0.5 apple, diced
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Toss all salad ingredients together, kale through pecorino. Whisk together remaining ingredients, Dijon mustard, shallots, vinegar, oil and salt and pepper for the vinaigrette. Drizzle a 2-3 tablespoons of vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat. There should be some extra vinaigrette remaining.
Read more from Nourish.