Kale Butternut Squash Lentils
This recipe is rich in healthy fats, belly-filling fiber and protein. If kale isn’t your thing, spinach, Swiss or rainbow chard, collard greens or mustard greens would work excellently. It would also be good when made without the eggs for a vegan option.
- 0.5 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash
- 4 cup kale, washed, stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, smashed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 avocado
- In a non-stick skillet, sauté garlic and kale until just wilted and reduced in volume, add lentils and butternut squash and warm through.
- Prepare eggs to your liking: poached, fried, over easy, hardboiled or scrambled.
- Plate half the lentil mixture onto a plate and top with one egg, repeat on a second plate with remaining lentil mixture and egg.
- Dice avocado and place on top.
- Serve immediately.
For the full post, visit The Domesticated Wolf.