Kale and Ricotta Breakfast Pizza
- 0.5 portion of thin crust pizza dough
- 0.33 cup ricotta, softened a little in the microwave so it's spreadable
- 0.25 tsp pepper
- 3 cup chopped kale leaves
- 4 slices turkey bacon, diced
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Roll out thin crust pizza dough and transfer to a 10-inch cast iron pan or some pizza baking stone. Spread with ricotta and sprinkle 1/4 tsp pepper.
- In a pot of salted boiling water, blanch kale for 30-45sec until leaves are bright green. Remove from pot and drain well. Transfer kale onto the pizza and spread so that ricotta is evenly covered. Evenly top with diced turkey bacon. This will crisp up really nicely in the oven.
- Reduce oven to 450 degrees and bake for 15min until crust is browned and turkey bacon is crispy. Serve topped with the chopped hard boiled egg.
For the full recipe, visit Bacon, Egg & Cheesecake.