Kale and Red Cabbage Slaw
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 0.25 cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 0.25 red onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, grated or julienned
- 0.25 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 small bunch tuscan kale (aka, lacinato or dinosaur), thick stem removed and shredded
- 2 Tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- mineral salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- In a small bowl, mix your dressing and set aside.
- Prepare vegetables and place in large bowl, add dressing and toss to coat. Add in seeds and toss again (or sprinkle over each portion before serving). Let salad rest a few minutes before eating, this will help soften the kale a bit.
Notes: For a creamier dressing, replace the oil with tahini. If you have fresh lemons on hand, this would be great with a big squeeze of lemon over top. If serving for one, use 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons each of the seeds.
For the full post, visit The Simple Veganista.