- 2 Pound goat, cubed
- 0.67 cup green olive
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 2 cup carrot, sliced
- 2 cup potato, sliced
- 3 large bay leaf
- 1 tsp crushed chili
- 0.5 cup liver spread or liver paste (processed using blender)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 cup water
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic clove, crushed and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in the pan and fry the carrots and potatoes until color turns light brown.
- Remove the fried carrots and potatoes from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan where the vegetables were fried, sauté the garlic and onions.
- Add the beef and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add water and let the beef boil until tender (about 30 mins if using pressure cooker or 1 to 2 hours if using an ordinary pot).
- Add the tomato sauce and liver spread and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add green olives, carrots, bay leaves, bell pepper, crushed chili, and potatoes and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
Check out the video playlist above to learn how to make this tasty Filipino dish and other amazing eats!
Recipe by Yana and Kyle, Brooklyn, NY