Juicy Buttermilk Pork Chops
- 4 1-inch thick bone-in pork rib chops, about 12 ounce each
- 1 Quart buttermilk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. In a large bowl, cover the pork chops with the buttermilk and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 425°. Drain the chops, pat them dry and season with salt and pepper. In a very large ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the pork chops and cook over high heat until browned on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn the chops, transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 10 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the chops registers 135°. Let the chops rest for 5 minutes, then serve.