Our sports-bar-worthy appetizer looks complicated, but trust us: These are as easy to make as they are to pop in your mouth. You'll love this spicy, crispy starter.
- 24 fresh jalapeño peppers
- 8 Ounce PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 8 Ounce KRAFT shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices cooked OSCAR MAYER Bacon, crumbled
- 0.25 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- RITZ Crackers, finely crushed (about 1-2/3 cups)
- 2 cup oil
- CUT lengthwise slit in top of each pepper; scrape out seeds and veins. Combine next 3 ingredients; spoon into peppers.
- ROLL peppers in flour; dip in eggs, then roll in cracker crumbs to evenly coat. Place in single layer in shallow pan. Refrigerate 15 min.
- HEAT oil in medium saucepan to 375ºF. Add peppers, in batches; cook 3 min. or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
Kraft Kitchens tips:
To serve as stuffed jalapeno halves instead of the stuffed whole peppers, cut peppers lengthwise in half; scrape out seeds and veins. Fill peppers with cheese mixture, then coat and refrigerate as directed. Cook, in batches, in hot oil as directed, reducing the cook time to 1 to 2 min. or until golden brown.
Prepare using PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese.