Indian Cumin Fried Rice with Spinach
Serving Size: 4
F&W’s Kay Chun creates a fast, vegetarian one-bowl meal by stir-frying cooked rice with chickpeas, spinach, and fragrant ginger and cumin.
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- kosher salt
- 4 cup curly spinach
- 1 14.5-ounces can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cup cooked basmati rice
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 shallot, sliced
- lemon wedges, for serving
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the shallot and ginger and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the shallot is golden, about 3 minutes. Add the cumin, rice, chickpeas and spinach and cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: Christina Holmes