Huevos Rancheros Wraps
The wraps are very good. I think the balance of cilantro and jalapeño with the eggs, black beans and tomato is perfect. I tasted the cilantro, but it didn’t overwhelm. The jalapeño gave a little warmth, but my mouth wasn’t overwhelmed by heat. Once the salsa’s made, however, scrambling the eggs and putting the wraps together is quick and easy. As the magazine suggests, making the salsa the night before would turn this into an almost instant breakfast.
- 0.33 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 Ounce cheddar cheese, shredded (about ¼ cup)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 0.375 tsp salt, divided
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tsp minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp chopped green onions
- 0.25 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 0.33 cup lower-sodium canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- Place corn in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute.
- Stir in beans, tomato, onions, cilantro, jalapeño, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and ? teaspoon salt.
- Combine remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, remaining ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and eggs in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add egg mixture to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add cheese; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Divide egg mixture evenly between tortillas; top evenly with corn mixture. Roll up each burrito, jelly-roll fashion. Cut each burrito in half.
Read more from Taking On Magazines.