Hot Chocolate Oreo Muffins Recipe
Hot chocolate is one thing; hot chocolate and oreos is another but Hot Chocolate and Oreo Muffins means you are playing with the big boys now! You may think these muffins are out of your league but trust me- You Can Do This- and before you know you will have a new favorite treat that will wow anyone who hears you mutter the words hot chocolate Oreo muffins.
- 1.75 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.25 margarine
- 1 cup egg
- 0.33 cup sour cream
- 0.75 cup milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp hot chocolate mix
- 0.5 tsp salt
- OREO cookies
1. In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, hot chocolate,soda and salt, set aside.
2. In small bowl, combine milk, sour cream, and egg then stir the egg mixture in to the flour mixture with margarine until just blended. Gently stir in the cookies and spoon batter 12 greased 2 1/2 inch muffin pan cups.
3. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Remove from pan, cool on wire rack.
Note: In case you are wondering where is the chocolate color? Although these muffins have hot chocolate mix in them, the amount of mix I included in the batter wasn’t enough to make a full blown chocolate color. You are more than welcome to add as much or as little hot chocolate mix as you wish. The more the merrier but for a subtle chocolate flavor 1-2 teaspoons is just enough!