Hot and Crunchy Chicken Cones
- 0.5 cup diced mango
- 6 Tbsp slivered almonds
- 6 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1.5 Tbsp kosher salt
- 4 large egg, lightly beaten
- 0.5 cup milk
- all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 6 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast half, sliced lengthwise 1 inch thick
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 cup corn flakes
- 7 cup shredded coleslaw mix
- 2 large jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 0.5 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 10-inch flour tortillas, warmed
1. Make the Mango Slaw: In a saucepan, combine the mango, jalapeños, vinegar, sugar, water and shallot. Cover and simmer until the mango is softened, 10 minutes.
2. Transfer the mango mixture to a food processor and puree; scrape into a large bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic and lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
3. Make the Cones: Wipe out the food processor. Add the cornflakes, almonds, sesame seeds, sugar, red pepper and salt and pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a large, shallow bowl. In a second shallow bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk. Fill a third shallow bowl with flour. Dredge the chicken strips in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip them in the eggs, then roll them in the cornflake mixture.
4. Set a rack over a rimmed baking sheet. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 inch of oil. Working in batches, fry the chicken over moderately high heat, turning once, until golden brown, 6 minutes; transfer to the rack. Set the fried chicken on the tortillas and top with the mango slaw. Roll up and eat right away.