Honey-Glazed Baby Back Ribs with Whiskey Marinade
Serving Size: 8
- 3 baby back rib
- 0.25 cup chopped cilantro
- 0.25 cup red pepper flakes, preferably Korean
- 0.25 cup soy sauce
- 0.25 cup fish sauce
- 0.5 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 0.25 cup honey
- 0.25 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Asian sesame oil
- 1.5 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 0.25 cup honey
- 0.375 cup whiskey
- 0.375 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Marinate the ribs: Arrange the rib racks in a large glass or ceramic baking dish, overlapping them slightly. In a medium bowl, whisk the soy sauce with the whiskey, honey, ginger, white pepper, sesame oil, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour the marinade over the ribs and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Make the glaze and dipping sauce: In a small bowl, combine the honey with the hot water. In a medium bowl, combine the lime juice with the fish sauce, soy sauce, pepper flakes, cilantro and sugar; stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Preheat the oven to 300°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Arrange the ribs on the baking sheet, meaty side up. Roast for about 2 hours, until tender. Baste the ribs with the honey mixture and roast for another 15 minutes, until browned and glossy. Remove the ribs from the oven and baste again with the honey mixture.
- Preheat a grill. Grill the ribs over moderately high heat, turning once, until lightly charred, about 4 minutes. Transfer the racks to a cutting board and cut into individual ribs. Arrange the ribs on a platter and serve the dipping sauce alongside.