Serving Size: 18
This biscotti is the perfect reduced sugar and calorie festive red and green treat, perfect for the holiday’s. Enjoy by itself or alongside your favorite cup of coffee or latte.
- 1.67 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.67 cup shelled pistachios
- 0.33 cup Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag
- 0.33 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 0.5 tsp ground ginger (or cinnamon)
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.67 cup dried cherries (tart or sweet), coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ginger (or cinnamon). In a medium-sized mixing bowl, use a hand-held mixer on medium speed to beat the eggs with the sugar for 3 minutes. Add the stevia and beat for 30 seconds. Using the lowest speed, mix in the dry ingredients until the dough looks moist. Finish mixing the dough by hand, using a flexible spatula. Mix in the nuts and cherries. The dough will be thick and sticky.
- Shape half the dough into a rough log about 8 inches long and place it on one side of the baking sheet, moistening your hands lightly with cold water to help smooth and shape it. Shape the dough into a rectangular, flat 9-inch by 3-inch strip. Repeat, shaping the remaining dough on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Bake the biscotti for 16 minutes, or until the logs are rounded on top and golden with slight browning along the sides. Remove and cool the biscotti on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Remove to a cutting board and cut each log diagonally into ½-inch slices. Return the slices to the lined baking sheet, arranging them in rows with the edges touching. Bake for 8 minutes, or until the biscotti are lightly colored and feel dry to the touch. Cool the biscotti on baking racks. These biscotti keep in an airtight container, for up to 2 weeks.