Hearty Turkey Tortilla Soup
- 3.5 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness® or Certified Organic)
- 2 corn tortillas, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 1 Can (about 11 ounces) whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 2 cup shredded or cubed cooked turkey
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 0.5 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- vegetable cooking spray
- Heat the broth, rice and cumin in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir the turkey, corn, picante sauce, cilantro and lime juice in the saucepan and cook until the rice is tender.
- Heat the oven to 425°F. Cut the tortilla halves into thin strips. Place the tortilla strips onto a baking sheet. Spray with the cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the tortilla strips are golden brown. Top the soup with the tortilla strips.
Cost per recipe: $9.36
Cost per serving: $2.34