Healthy Veggie Burritos
The Old El Paso Stand’ N Stuff Taco Shells were perfect for creating a not over loaded burrito. For this recipe I used farm fresh veggies that were in season at the time. To keep my burritos on the healthier side I omitted cheese and sour cream, instead I used lots of fresh zucchini, red peppers and sweet summer corn. I, also, used Old El Paso Mexican Rice for a little extra filler. I served chunky mild salsa along side the tacos for a little added kick.
- 8 Stand ‘N Stuff flour tortialls
- 2 bags of Old El Paso Mexican Rice
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 small zucchinis
- 1 small red pepper
- 2 ears of corn
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare the rice according to package directions. Once cooked, lightly fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Thinly slice the red onion.
- Mince the garlic.
- Heat the canola oil in a large frying pan and add the onion and garlic. Over medium heat cook until lightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- While the above mixture is cooking prepare rest of the vegetables.
- Gently cut the kernels off of the corn cobs.
- Dice the zucchini into small pieces.
- Thinly slice the red pepper
- Add the vegetables to the onion mixture, stir and cook over medium heat for 6 minutes.
- Place the Stand ‘N Stuff tortillas on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Place the Stand ‘N Stuff flour tortillas on a serving place and evenly divide the rice among them.
- Top with the veggie mixture.
- Serve with salsa on the side.
Read more from Chez Us.