Healthy Sweet Corn Pudding with Scallions
This easy sweet corn pudding recipe is a great quick dinner casserole. With almond milk and gluten-free flour it's also healthy and dairy-free.
- 2 extra large egg
- 0.25 cup raw honey
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 0.5 cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp organic cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp organic cornstarch
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 cup Florida sweet corn kernels
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs until smooth. Whisk in the honey and coconut oil until the honey is more or less dissolved. Stir in the milk, followed by the cornmeal, cornstarch, salt, corn kernels and scallions. Whisk until just combined.
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 casserole or baking dish and pour in the corn mixture. Bake in the oven until the pudding is set, about 30 minutes. If you want the top to be browned, transfer the dish to the broiler for 1 minute.
- Allow the pudding to rest in the pan for 5 minutes, then serve.
For the full post, visit Feed Me Phoebe.