Healthy Flax Seed Cinnamon Pumpkin Waffles With Maple Syrup
A healthy alternative to waffles, these pumpkin waffles are filled with fiber with whole wheat flour and flax seed meal.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp canola oil
- 1.25 cup skim milk
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 cup flax seed meal
- 0.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- Preheat waffle maker. Mix both flours, flax, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix skim milk, oil, vanilla extract, honey, eggs, egg white, and canned pumpkin. Pour these wet ingredients onto the dry ingredients and mix.
- Spray the waffle maker with canola oil spray (or Pam) and cook according to your manufacturer’s instructions.
- Put the waffles in the preheated 250° oven to keep warm while you cook the others. If you have any left over, freeze them between sheets of parchment or wax paper (to avoid sticking to each other) for an quick breakfast. Just pop them in the toaster and you're good to go!
Read more from Better Baking Bible.